St. John's Methodist Church
Standhill Road, Carlton, Nottingham NG4 1JT
THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH
PRAYER TIME AT ST. JOHN'S
The Prayer Group has continued to meet on the 1st Friday every month with a small but faithful attendance. It is a great opportunity to gather in God's name to pray for the world around us. And there's coffee and biscuits afterwards! I look forward to seeing you there! Even if you can't commit to every month please join us occasionally.
THE WESLEY GUILD (Tuesdays at 2.30pm)
The Guild programme has once again been very varied. We've had sessions delving into history and travel plus devotional times and a dip into our Methodist roots. All are welcome to our sessions. Tea and talk follow every meeting. Do come and join us.
· September 27th Holy Communion led by Rev Moses Agyam
· October 11th Time Travellers led by Diana Ives
· October 25th Games afternoon
· November 8th The Leprosy Mission led by Alan Langton
· November 22nd Rainbow Project (Refugees)
· December 6th LEJOG led by Mike Woolley
· December 20th Members Christmas Afternoon
· January 3rd Sounds Familiar (Musical afternoon)
· January 17th Devotional led by Rev Bob Gollins
· January 31st Carlton Local History Group led by Mr Bernard Leaper
PARENT AND TODDLER GROUP
We have up to 20 children and parents weekly.
The children get on well together and enjoy the variety of toys which we provide.
BIBLE STUDY (Tuesdays at 2.30pm)
We meet on Tuesdays, and plan sessions during Advent 2016 and Lent 2017 to be led by iur minister. Further details to follow.
CARLTON CARE HOME
Members lead occasional praise services for the residents, with hymn singing, bible readings, prayers and stories.
NOTTS HISTORIC CHURCHES BIKE RIDE
The Annual Bike Ride is held in September. Mike Woolley will again be cycling over 40 miles and visiting around 25 churches so please support and sponsor him. Half the money raised goes to the Trust to help fund repairs to Notts Churches and half to St. John's. Help is also needed on the day to greet any cyclists and walkers who choose to visit St. John's as part of their itinerary.
On the second Sunday each month we sell Fair Trade tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits, cereals, sweets and chocolate etc and we use Fair Trade tea, coffee and sugar when providing drinks after services and at midweek activities. The Fair Trade catalogue is also available.